The Income Tax Service issues a Permanent Account Number (PAN), which is a ten-digit alphanumeric number printed on a plastic card. Tax payments, TDS/TCS credits, tax returns and other transactions are only possible with a PAN. If a PAN holder loses their PAN card and forgets their PAN, an incident may occur. If there is no change in the PAN data, one can find out his PAN by using the “Reprint PAN card” option directly via the UTIITSL portal.
For the convenience of PAN holders, the Department of Income Tax tweeted that “If however you do not remember your PAN details and need to verify the PAN to request a physical card reprint , please write to us at [email protected] & [email protected]”
However, if you do not remember your PAN details and need to verify the PAN to request physical card reprint, please write to us at [email protected] & jd.systems1.1 @incometax. gov.in (2/2)
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) February 15, 2022
Points to remember when requesting a reprint of the PAN card
- Reprinting a PAN card is only possible when the individual has already been assigned a PAN but still requires a PAN card in case the existing card is lost or damaged. In such cases, the applicant receives a new PAN card with the same PAN credentials.
- In the event that there are no details to update in PAN, an applicant will be allowed to reprint their PAN card.
- PAN holders whose applications have been approved through the NSDL e-Gov and/or the Department of Income Tax e-filing portal can apply for this service,
- If the person is an Indian resident, the applicant has to pay an online fee of Rs 50 (including tax), and if the person lives outside India, the applicant has to pay a fee of Rs 959 (including tax).
Steps to Request a PAN Card Reprint via NSDL
PAN holders whose PAN application was approved through NSDL e-Gov or who received their PAN through the “Instant e-PAN” feature of the ITD e-filing portal can request a reprint of their PAN card by visiting the NSDL site. By submitting an application for the same, a PAN card with the same details will be sent to the registered address registered with the Department of Income Tax.
- Visit https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintEPan.html and enter your PAN.
- Now enter your Aadhaar number linked to PAN and then enter your date of birth.
- Enter the GSTN number which is optional and accept the declaration given at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code and click ‘Submit’.
- Please note: if you have not yet linked your Aadhaar to your PAN, you must do so by March 31, 2022.
Steps to request a PAN card reprint via the PAN service portal
Individuals can also submit a request to reprint their PAN card using the PAN service portal, which is operated by the Government of India. To request a reprint of your PAN card, follow the steps outlined below.
- Visit https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/mainform.html and click “Reprint PAN Map”.
- Now read the guidelines carefully and click Reprint PAN Map.
- You will now be redirected to this page https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/homereprint where you need to enter your PAN, Aadhaar number, date of birth and CAPTCHA code.
- Once you have entered all the required details, click “Submit” and your application will be submitted successfully.
PAN customer service number
If you have any concerns regarding your PAN or wish to lodge a complaint regarding your PAN details, you can contact the PAN – All India Customer Care Center given below.
- Contact: +91 33 40802999, 033 40802999
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Open daily)
- Email: [email protected]
For investment-related articles, business news and mutual fund tips
Article first published: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 4:22 p.m. [IST]